Charlie Em and Scarlet Strike, just a head apart when one-two, respectively in the Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) last month, square off again in the $150,000 Honeymoon Handicap (gr. IIT) June 8 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Trainer Jerry Hollendorfer looks to resume his torrid start to the Hollywood Park meet when he sends out Providencia Stakes (gr. IIIT) winner Scarlet Strike in the $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the grass May 11.
Jerry Hollendorfer scores stakes victory as trainer and co-owner of grass runner Scarlet Strike, who scores as the 2-1 favorite on Santa Anita's turf course in gr. III route.
Ten sophomore fillies vie for a first graded stakes win in the Providencia Stakes (gr. IIIT) at 1 1/8 miles on the Santa Anita Park turf course April 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf