One of the feel-good stories of the 2012 World Championships, Groupie Doll returns to defend her title in the Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) off a 2013 season in some ways different and in other ways similar to 2012.
Evan Hammonds looks at the Breeders' Cup Sprint, Filly & Mare Sprint, Classic and more! watch video
Sweet Lulu and Ismene, California-based distaffers seeking to dethrone champion Groupie Doll in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint, posted their final workouts Oct. 27 at Santa Anita Park.
Kaleem Shah's Fed Biz worked four furlongs in a quick :46 3/5 to lead a bevy of Breeders' Cup World Championships contenders who were on the track at Santa Anita Park Oct. 27.
Close Hatches secured a second straight grade I victory Sept. 21 when she passed Test Stakes (gr. I) winner Sweet Lulu turning for home and held off all challengers in the $1 million Cotillion Stakes (gr. I).
Grade I winners Sweet Lulu and Close Hatches will meet on the track for the first time when an accomplished group of 3-year-old fillies starts in the $1 million Cotillion Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 21 at Parx Racing.
A half brother to Super Saver lived up to expectations Sept. 11 when the son of Medaglia d'Oro was purchased by B. Wayne Hughes for $1.7 million at the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Steve Beneto's Sweet Lulu shipped across the country, ran on dirt for the first time, tackled graded stakes company, and emerged victorious in the $500,000 Test Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- OwnerView to Host October Ownership Seminar
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit