Three horses broke the seven-figure mark on opening day of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale May 27, led by group I winner Sweet Idea for $1,600,000 (US$1,240,117).
Group I racing in Australia and New Zealand got under way for the 2014/15 season Aug. 30, with Dissident taking the Memsie Stakes at Caulfield and I Do landing the Makfi Challenge at Hastings.
Gai Waterhouse had a pretty good feeling last winter that Overreach would win the $3.5 million Golden Slipper Stakes (Aus-I), and the filly delivered her trainer a fifth victory in the world's richest 2-year-old race April 6.
An interesting group of eight 3-year-old fillies was entered Monday for Friday's Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions