Stronach Stable's odds-on choice Ginger Punch rebounded from a neck loss in the Ogden Phipps Handicap (gr. I) last month to easily win Sunday's $147,000 First Flight Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Belmont Park.
The Stronach Stables entry of Sugar Swirl and Ginger Punch gives trainer Bobby Frankel a strong hand in the $150,000 First Flight Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at seven furlongs Sunday at Belmont Park.
Kinsman Stable's 4-year-old homebred filly Sweet Fervor rallied from off a fast early pace in the $200,000 Shirley Jones Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Gulfstream Park to score a one-length victory over 8-5 favorite Any Limit.
Joseph V. Shields, Jr.'s homebred 4-year-old filly Any Limit, dominant this season at Gulfstream Park, will bid for a sweep of the three major stakes races for her division as the favorite in Saturday's $200,000 Shirley Jones Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II).
An interesting group of eight 3-year-old fillies was entered Monday for Friday's Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park.
Original Spin, third last year in the Alberto VO5 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), and undefeated Misty Rosette will be among the choices in a very competitive field of 11 3-year-old fillies drawn for the $150,000 Stonerside Forward Gal Stakes (gr. II) at seven furlongs Sunday at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity