Sweet Ducky's performance in the UAE Derby (UAE-II) on March 26 will likely determine whether he runs in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), his trainer said.
Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) runner-up Sweet Ducky is expected to race in the silks of Chechen President Ramzan Kadyrov when he starts in the $2-million UAE Derby (UAE-II) on the Dubai World Cup program March 26 at Meydan.
Holy Bull Stakes runner-up Sweet Ducky has been sold to an anonymous buyer to run in the UAE Derby.
This is not about who is going to win the Kentucky Derby, as much as who so far has the look of a Derby winner--who is on track to peak on Derby Day, who looks eager to do more than they already have. Read Blog
Our report on this weekend's stakes action will appear on Tuesday, but for now there are several allowance and maiden races from the past several weeks that should be touched on, based solely on observation. Read Blog
Trainer Nick Zito's decision to bypass an allowance event nine days earlier for the $400,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) looks pretty good after the inexperienced Dialed In swept to an impressive win at Gulfstream Park.
The withdrawal of Boys At Tosconova leaves a wide open field of nine sophomores to contest the $400,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Jan. 30, the first major step toward the Florida Derby (gr. I) this spring.
Graded stakes winner Blue Laser leads a competitive field of 10 in the $1 million Delta Downs Jackpot (gr. III) on Nov. 20. The lucrative purse assures the winner enough graded earnings for a berth in the 2011 Kentucky Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial