Ticker Tape, an Eclipse Award runner-up as 3-year-old in 2004, has been retired after suffering a leg injury earlier this year.
The pending deal to sell Ticker Tape, a finalist for an Eclipse Award as top female turf horse for 2004, has fallen through, according to one of her owners, Jim Ford.
A Louisiana-bred Tejano Run ridgling sold for $130,000 Monday to top the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Texas yearling auction at Lone Star Park.
British import Ticker Tape dominated a field of 12 fillies in Sunday's $113,700 Providencia Stakes at Santa Anita Park for the richest win and the biggest margin of victory in her 10-race career.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- A New Brand of Hero
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- F-T Horses of Racing Age Sale Catalog Online