Ticker Tape, an Eclipse Award runner-up as 3-year-old in 2004, has been retired after suffering a leg injury earlier this year.
The pending deal to sell Ticker Tape, a finalist for an Eclipse Award as top female turf horse for 2004, has fallen through, according to one of her owners, Jim Ford.
A Louisiana-bred Tejano Run ridgling sold for $130,000 Monday to top the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Texas yearling auction at Lone Star Park.
British import Ticker Tape dominated a field of 12 fillies in Sunday's $113,700 Providencia Stakes at Santa Anita Park for the richest win and the biggest margin of victory in her 10-race career.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group