Ticker Tape, an Eclipse Award runner-up as 3-year-old in 2004, has been retired after suffering a leg injury earlier this year.
The pending deal to sell Ticker Tape, a finalist for an Eclipse Award as top female turf horse for 2004, has fallen through, according to one of her owners, Jim Ford.
A Louisiana-bred Tejano Run ridgling sold for $130,000 Monday to top the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Texas yearling auction at Lone Star Park.
British import Ticker Tape dominated a field of 12 fillies in Sunday's $113,700 Providencia Stakes at Santa Anita Park for the richest win and the biggest margin of victory in her 10-race career.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Youth on Display in Futurity
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Half Sisters to Preakness Winners Race Sunday
- KY Downs Ready for Meet With Record Purses
- Ben's Cat Still After Third Turf Monster Win
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- First Starter Wins for Sire Get Rich Quick
- Dialed In Colt Leads Louisiana Yearling Sale
- Royal Posse Aces Evan Shipman Stakes Debut