Ticker Tape, an Eclipse Award runner-up as 3-year-old in 2004, has been retired after suffering a leg injury earlier this year.
The pending deal to sell Ticker Tape, a finalist for an Eclipse Award as top female turf horse for 2004, has fallen through, according to one of her owners, Jim Ford.
A Louisiana-bred Tejano Run ridgling sold for $130,000 Monday to top the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Texas yearling auction at Lone Star Park.
British import Ticker Tape dominated a field of 12 fillies in Sunday's $113,700 Providencia Stakes at Santa Anita Park for the richest win and the biggest margin of victory in her 10-race career.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat