Ticker Tape, an Eclipse Award runner-up as 3-year-old in 2004, has been retired after suffering a leg injury earlier this year.
The pending deal to sell Ticker Tape, a finalist for an Eclipse Award as top female turf horse for 2004, has fallen through, according to one of her owners, Jim Ford.
A Louisiana-bred Tejano Run ridgling sold for $130,000 Monday to top the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Texas yearling auction at Lone Star Park.
British import Ticker Tape dominated a field of 12 fillies in Sunday's $113,700 Providencia Stakes at Santa Anita Park for the richest win and the biggest margin of victory in her 10-race career.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham