Ticker Tape, an Eclipse Award runner-up as 3-year-old in 2004, has been retired after suffering a leg injury earlier this year.
The pending deal to sell Ticker Tape, a finalist for an Eclipse Award as top female turf horse for 2004, has fallen through, according to one of her owners, Jim Ford.
A Louisiana-bred Tejano Run ridgling sold for $130,000 Monday to top the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Texas yearling auction at Lone Star Park.
British import Ticker Tape dominated a field of 12 fillies in Sunday's $113,700 Providencia Stakes at Santa Anita Park for the richest win and the biggest margin of victory in her 10-race career.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap