Favored Daiwa Scarlet controlled the tempo then led the dash for home by three-quarters of a length over Fusaichi Pandora in the $1.675 million Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup (Jpn-I) at Kyoto Race Course Nov. 11.
With a powerful late charge along the rail, Koiuta upset the favorites Sunday to win the US$1.675 million Victoria Mile (Jpn-I) for older fillies and mares over 1,600 meters at Tokyo Racecourse Sunday.
Fusaichi Pandora was awarded victory in Sunday's Queen Elizabeth Commemorative Cup (Jpn-I) at Kyoto racecourse when the undefeated 3-year-old filly Kawakami Princess was disqualified after finishing first.
Daiwa Major earned his first grade I victory in 2 1/2 years when he captured the Tenno Sho (Autumn) over 2,000 meters at Tokyo racecourse Sunday.
Sweep Tosho capped a remarkable year with a grade I victory on Sunday, catching Osumi Haruka at the wire to win the 30th Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup.
Silent Witness suffered the second narrow defeat of his career when he finished third in the $2 million Yasuda Kinen (Jpn-I) Sunday at Fuchu Racecourse in Tokyo. Asakusa Den'en won the one-mile event before a crowd of more than 75,000.
Four-year-old filly Admire Groove made it back-to-back victories in the Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup (Jpn-I), winning the $1.8 million event Sunday at Kyoto Racecourse in Japan.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Blazing Speed Wins QE II Cup in Hong Kong
- Two Derby Hopefuls Boast Derby-Winning Sires
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker
- StarLadies On Oaks Trail With Eskenformoney
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third