Favored Daiwa Scarlet controlled the tempo then led the dash for home by three-quarters of a length over Fusaichi Pandora in the $1.675 million Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup (Jpn-I) at Kyoto Race Course Nov. 11.
With a powerful late charge along the rail, Koiuta upset the favorites Sunday to win the US$1.675 million Victoria Mile (Jpn-I) for older fillies and mares over 1,600 meters at Tokyo Racecourse Sunday.
Fusaichi Pandora was awarded victory in Sunday's Queen Elizabeth Commemorative Cup (Jpn-I) at Kyoto racecourse when the undefeated 3-year-old filly Kawakami Princess was disqualified after finishing first.
Daiwa Major earned his first grade I victory in 2 1/2 years when he captured the Tenno Sho (Autumn) over 2,000 meters at Tokyo racecourse Sunday.
Sweep Tosho capped a remarkable year with a grade I victory on Sunday, catching Osumi Haruka at the wire to win the 30th Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup.
Silent Witness suffered the second narrow defeat of his career when he finished third in the $2 million Yasuda Kinen (Jpn-I) Sunday at Fuchu Racecourse in Tokyo. Asakusa Den'en won the one-mile event before a crowd of more than 75,000.
Four-year-old filly Admire Groove made it back-to-back victories in the Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup (Jpn-I), winning the $1.8 million event Sunday at Kyoto Racecourse in Japan.
Most Popular Stories
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Is Ceftiofur Sodium an Effective Treatment for Placentitis?
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente