Central Florida Community College has added two Thoroughbred racing courses to its equine program.
A bill to end horse slaughter for human consumption passed the U.S. House of Representatives Sept. 7 with a final vote of 263-146. Two amendments to alter the bill both failed to pass.
Two versions of a bill to end horse slaughter for human consumption in the United States have been sent to the U.S. House Rules Committee and will be considered at the beginning of September.
Magic Weisner, the Preakness and Haskell Invititational runner-up, continues to show improvement from treatments he is receiving at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center. The 3-year-old is being treated with anti-inflammatory medications for the signs of encephalitis.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Indian Charlie' Sues to Get Back on Track
- Torrid Martin Resumes Golden Gate Hot Streak
- Pomeroy, Flashy Bull to Stand in Saudi Arabia
- Canterbury Gets Approval for 70-Day Meet
- Bear No Joke After Repeat in Kennedy Road
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- Ex-Calder Racing Secretary Headed to Hialeah
- Cassatt Takes Advantage of Big Zia Park Day
- Napravnik Among Five Woolf Award Finalists
- Churchill to Resume Live Racing Nov. 21