Central Florida Community College has added two Thoroughbred racing courses to its equine program.
A bill to end horse slaughter for human consumption passed the U.S. House of Representatives Sept. 7 with a final vote of 263-146. Two amendments to alter the bill both failed to pass.
Two versions of a bill to end horse slaughter for human consumption in the United States have been sent to the U.S. House Rules Committee and will be considered at the beginning of September.
Magic Weisner, the Preakness and Haskell Invititational runner-up, continues to show improvement from treatments he is receiving at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center. The 3-year-old is being treated with anti-inflammatory medications for the signs of encephalitis.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- OBS March 2YO Sale Set for March 17-18
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Australia Expects 3.3% Drop in 2015 Foal Crop
- Average Up, Median Steady as Karaka Sale Ends
- Monmouth Announces 2015 Stakes Schedule
- Sabercat to Averett Farm in Louisiana
- Charles Town Cancels Friday Evening Card
- Ohio Begins Examination of Medication Rules