Central Florida Community College has added two Thoroughbred racing courses to its equine program.
A bill to end horse slaughter for human consumption passed the U.S. House of Representatives Sept. 7 with a final vote of 263-146. Two amendments to alter the bill both failed to pass.
Two versions of a bill to end horse slaughter for human consumption in the United States have been sent to the U.S. House Rules Committee and will be considered at the beginning of September.
Magic Weisner, the Preakness and Haskell Invititational runner-up, continues to show improvement from treatments he is receiving at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center. The 3-year-old is being treated with anti-inflammatory medications for the signs of encephalitis.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Keeneland September Day 12 Sees Declines
- Moreno, Itsmyluckyday Work for Super Saturday
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Another Walk in the Parx for Favorite Tale
- Divine Oath Holds Off Bashart in Kent Stakes
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Irish-Bred Pure Champion Wins in New Zealand
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby