Central Florida Community College has added two Thoroughbred racing courses to its equine program.
A bill to end horse slaughter for human consumption passed the U.S. House of Representatives Sept. 7 with a final vote of 263-146. Two amendments to alter the bill both failed to pass.
Two versions of a bill to end horse slaughter for human consumption in the United States have been sent to the U.S. House Rules Committee and will be considered at the beginning of September.
Magic Weisner, the Preakness and Haskell Invititational runner-up, continues to show improvement from treatments he is receiving at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center. The 3-year-old is being treated with anti-inflammatory medications for the signs of encephalitis.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- Belterra to Honor the late Harry Holcomb