Central Florida Community College has added two Thoroughbred racing courses to its equine program.
A bill to end horse slaughter for human consumption passed the U.S. House of Representatives Sept. 7 with a final vote of 263-146. Two amendments to alter the bill both failed to pass.
Two versions of a bill to end horse slaughter for human consumption in the United States have been sent to the U.S. House Rules Committee and will be considered at the beginning of September.
Magic Weisner, the Preakness and Haskell Invititational runner-up, continues to show improvement from treatments he is receiving at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center. The 3-year-old is being treated with anti-inflammatory medications for the signs of encephalitis.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday