Central Florida Community College has added two Thoroughbred racing courses to its equine program.
A bill to end horse slaughter for human consumption passed the U.S. House of Representatives Sept. 7 with a final vote of 263-146. Two amendments to alter the bill both failed to pass.
Two versions of a bill to end horse slaughter for human consumption in the United States have been sent to the U.S. House Rules Committee and will be considered at the beginning of September.
Magic Weisner, the Preakness and Haskell Invititational runner-up, continues to show improvement from treatments he is receiving at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center. The 3-year-old is being treated with anti-inflammatory medications for the signs of encephalitis.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Filly First Winner for Sire Elusive Warning
- Breeder, Businessman Garvin Dies at Age 71
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5
- After the Wire: Bernard Baruch & Woodward S.
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup