Central Florida Community College has added two Thoroughbred racing courses to its equine program.
A bill to end horse slaughter for human consumption passed the U.S. House of Representatives Sept. 7 with a final vote of 263-146. Two amendments to alter the bill both failed to pass.
Two versions of a bill to end horse slaughter for human consumption in the United States have been sent to the U.S. House Rules Committee and will be considered at the beginning of September.
Magic Weisner, the Preakness and Haskell Invititational runner-up, continues to show improvement from treatments he is receiving at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center. The 3-year-old is being treated with anti-inflammatory medications for the signs of encephalitis.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91