Central Florida Community College has added two Thoroughbred racing courses to its equine program.
A bill to end horse slaughter for human consumption passed the U.S. House of Representatives Sept. 7 with a final vote of 263-146. Two amendments to alter the bill both failed to pass.
Two versions of a bill to end horse slaughter for human consumption in the United States have been sent to the U.S. House Rules Committee and will be considered at the beginning of September.
Magic Weisner, the Preakness and Haskell Invititational runner-up, continues to show improvement from treatments he is receiving at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center. The 3-year-old is being treated with anti-inflammatory medications for the signs of encephalitis.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Litfin At Large: Belmont Super Saturday I
- Forever Unbridled Heads Cast for Beldame
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry