Jerry and Ann Moss' Tiago, guided through a narrow opening at the rail mid-stretch by jockey Mike Smith, went to victory as the even-money choice in the $368,250 Swaps Breeders' Cup (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Jay Em Ess Stable's Arson Squad waited patiently on the pacesetters A.P. Warrior and Point Determined to spend themselves, then rallied in the stretch under jockey Alex Solis to capture the $354,515 Swaps Breeders' Cup (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Point Determined and A.P. Warrior, who staged a dramatic battle in last month's Affirmed Handicap (gr. III), figure to have the spotlight to themselves once again Saturday in the $350,000 Swaps Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds.
Fog City Stables' Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Buzzards Bay will not make his next start in the June 11 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) as previously planned, trainer Jeff Mullins revealed Tuesday morning.
Rock Hard Ten finally had the day everyone was waiting for in the $409,300 Swaps Breeders' Cup (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Hollywood Park Saturday, taking command in the stretch for an easy 3 3/4-length victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Filly First Winner for Line of David