Jerry and Ann Moss' Tiago, guided through a narrow opening at the rail mid-stretch by jockey Mike Smith, went to victory as the even-money choice in the $368,250 Swaps Breeders' Cup (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Jay Em Ess Stable's Arson Squad waited patiently on the pacesetters A.P. Warrior and Point Determined to spend themselves, then rallied in the stretch under jockey Alex Solis to capture the $354,515 Swaps Breeders' Cup (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Point Determined and A.P. Warrior, who staged a dramatic battle in last month's Affirmed Handicap (gr. III), figure to have the spotlight to themselves once again Saturday in the $350,000 Swaps Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds.
Fog City Stables' Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Buzzards Bay will not make his next start in the June 11 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) as previously planned, trainer Jeff Mullins revealed Tuesday morning.
Rock Hard Ten finally had the day everyone was waiting for in the $409,300 Swaps Breeders' Cup (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Hollywood Park Saturday, taking command in the stretch for an easy 3 3/4-length victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet