Hagyard Fayette, Autumn Miss, Bold Ruler, Turnback the Alarm, Tenno Sho Autumn, Swan, Artemis, Spendthrift Stallion, New Mexico Classic Cup Rocky Gulch Championship and more.
- By Ray Paulick
The Jockeys' Guild has reached a settlement in a pair of lawsuits filed by ousted Guild treasurer Eddie King and former Disabled Jockeys' Fund co-chairman Gary Donahue.
Tomey Jean Swan was elected to her third term as chairman of the board of directors of the Jockeys' Guild at the 63rd annual National Assembly in Dallas, Tex.
A lawsuit filed against the Jockeys' Guild in September 2001 by former national manager John Giovanni was dismissed by a Fayette County Circuit Court judge March 5 for lack of prosecution.
Four jockeys and the chief executive of a California management firm running the Jockeys' Guild will remain part of a wrongful termination and slander suit filed by former Guild national manager, John Giovanni. A Fayette County circuit court judge on Friday asked attorneys on both sides to finish their depositions in the case and readdress the motion to dismiss later with more refined arguments.
Tomey Jean Swan, a pioneer in the Quarter Horse industry, has been named acting chairman of the board of The Jockeys' Guild, which currently is undergoing a major reorganization. She was elected unanimously by the guild's executive committee, according to a prepared statement.
M375 Thoroughbreds Inc.'s Diamond Studs closed from next-to-last in the field of four Thoroughbreds and four Quarter Horses to win the $25,000 Challenge Stakes, the first race on Calder Race Course's "Summit of Speed" card Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- What's Going On Here: Upper Crust
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance