Gulfstream Park's spring/summer meet, which starts April 11, will feature a robust 2-year-old program highlighted by the $1.4 million Florida Sire Stakes series.
Rachel Alexandra seems to have accomplished the impossible this year. The 3-year-old filly won the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) and the Mother Goose Stakes (gr. I) by nearly 40 lengths and manhandled males in the BlackBerry Preakness Stakes (gr. I) and the Haskell Invitational Stakes (gr. I).
Aclassysassylassy won the $125,000 Susan's Girl Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes at Calder Race Course on Monday by 2 1/2 lengths.
The $125,000 Affirmed and $125,000 Susan's Girl divisions of the Florida Stallion Stakes at seven furlongs on Labor Day Monday highlight the second Juvenile Showcase program Saturday at Calder Race Course.
John Russell, who conditioned champions Susan's Girl and Track Robbery, died last night at his home in Del Mar. Calif., from cancer.
Laura and Eugene Melnyk's French Village remained perfect in her career, winning for the third time at Calder Race Course on Saturday while taking the $125,000 Susan's Girl Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes.
Oscar Novo's 2-year-old colt Sir Oscar and Eugene and Laura Melnyk's juvenile filly French Village are undefeated early in their careers and will face their biggest tests yet Saturday at Calder as the probable favorites in the $125,000 Affirmed and $125,000 Susan's Girl Divisions of the Florida Stallion Stakes.
One should never underestimate the value of a good start. That's what the owner and trainer of Ivanavinalot advise, after seeing their 2-year-old filly dominate the Susan's Girl Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Work All Week, Alsvid Meet Again in Smile
- PDJF Day Across America Scheduled for Aug. 1
- Tattersalls Will Expand With Acquisition
- Merry Meadow Returns in Princess Rooney
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field