Kentucky Horse Racing Commission general counsel Susan Speckert outlined industry challenges regarding testing labs April 29 at the National Conference on Equine Law in Lexington.
An equine veterinarian has filed suit against the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission seeking access to records of owners and trainers licensed by the regulatory agency.
The veterinary staff of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has added some additional protocols to its operations in an effort to cut down on the number of equine fatalities at the state's tracks.
The Kentucky Court of Appeals has remanded the Instant Racing case to Franklin County Circuit Court after vacating that court's findings.
An attorney for former Kentucky chief steward John Veitch said his client will appeal the Feb. 15 action by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission in which it suspended Veitch for one year.
Kentucky's Thoroughbred racetracks have received approval for 2011 live racing dates that are slightly higher than those being raced this year.
A Kentucky legislative subcommittee has deferred for a month action on Kentucky Horse Racing Commission rules requiring safety vests for jockeys, exercise riders, and anyone else on horseback at the track.
Changes in Kentucky racing regulations that would permit horses to be entered without having their actual foal papers on file at the track have been approved by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission's rules committee.
A special committee of racing regulatory attorneys has been formed by Racing Commissioners International, the trade association of the government regulators of racing and wagering.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test