Kentucky Horse Racing Commission general counsel Susan Speckert outlined industry challenges regarding testing labs April 29 at the National Conference on Equine Law in Lexington.
An equine veterinarian has filed suit against the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission seeking access to records of owners and trainers licensed by the regulatory agency.
The veterinary staff of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has added some additional protocols to its operations in an effort to cut down on the number of equine fatalities at the state's tracks.
The Kentucky Court of Appeals has remanded the Instant Racing case to Franklin County Circuit Court after vacating that court's findings.
An attorney for former Kentucky chief steward John Veitch said his client will appeal the Feb. 15 action by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission in which it suspended Veitch for one year.
Kentucky's Thoroughbred racetracks have received approval for 2011 live racing dates that are slightly higher than those being raced this year.
A Kentucky legislative subcommittee has deferred for a month action on Kentucky Horse Racing Commission rules requiring safety vests for jockeys, exercise riders, and anyone else on horseback at the track.
Changes in Kentucky racing regulations that would permit horses to be entered without having their actual foal papers on file at the track have been approved by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission's rules committee.
A special committee of racing regulatory attorneys has been formed by Racing Commissioners International, the trade association of the government regulators of racing and wagering.
Most Popular Stories
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Barretts' First Del Mar Sale Sees Increase
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Lopez Family Faces Off at Golden Gate
- Old Friends Cabin Creek Welcomes Be Bullish
- Miss Temple City on Schedule for Royal Ascot
- MarketWatch: McPeek on Yearling Selection