Artist Susan Sommer-Luarca's portrait "Barbaro" -- a 5' by 4' tonal acrylic on canvas that was painted at Churchill Downs during Kentucky Derby week -- brought a final price of $14,400 at the conclusion of bidding yesterday on eBay.
Bidding on acclaimed artist Susan Sommer-Luarca's portrait "Barbaro" is up to $12,600 with bidding continuing on Ebay until June 1 at 10:00 a.m. (EST).
The NTRA Charities' Barbaro Memorial Fund will benefit from a painting of Barbaro created on Kentucky Derby Day in the Churchill Downs paddock by Susan Sommer-Luarca. The item is now for sale on eBay.
Representatives from Churchill Downs will honor the late 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Barbaro and his owners, Roy and Gretchen Jackson, during a winner's circle ceremony at this year's Derby May 5. The ceremony will take place between races six and seven at approximately 2:30 p.m. EDT.
Most Popular Stories
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale