Desert Code, a millionaire and winner of the 2008 Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint at Oak Tree at Santa Anita, will enter stud at John C. Harris' Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif.
Susan Osborne's Desert Code, winner of the 2008 Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint, has been retired from racing for stallion duty.
If you saw Desert Code's dramatic come-from-behind win in the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint last fall, this victory was nothing like that one. Instead, Desert Code took the lead shortly after the start of the $100,000 Daytona Handicap (gr. IIIT) Feb. 15 on the same hillside turf course at Santa Anita and was never threatened.
Desert Code, beaten in photo finishes in his last two starts, left nothing to chance this time, scooting to a front-running 1 3/4-length victory under jockey Richard Migliore in Sunday's $106,600 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Hollywood Park.
Tarabilla Farms' Desert Code kicked clear in the stretch after a smart rally under Richard Migliore to capture the $106,600 Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the downhill turf course at Santa Anita Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Equestrian Group Earns International Award
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience