Dr. E.C. "Pug" and Susie Hart came to the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale looking for a replacement for their late mare Miz United States, and left with Dixie Victory, who topped the penultimate Jan. 12 session at $100,000.
Get Rich Quick, a stakes-winning son of Seeking the Gold sold as a stallion prospect, and a weanling colt by Ready's Image each brought $37,000 to top the 12th session of Keeneland's November breeding stock sale.
The world's biggest Thoroughbred auction got even bigger Saturday as the record-setting gross for the Keeneland September yearling sale grew to $321,224,800 during the 12th session.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- OBS April First Session Soars