Lady Marlboro fought her way through a narrow opening on the inside to gain a dead heat for victory with Golden Velvet in an exciting edition of the $98,000 Sabin Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Jan. 6.
Grand Champion emerged the head winner of a three-way blanket finish in the $109,200 Fall Highweight Handicap at Aqueduct Nov. 22.
Bishop Court Hill was intent on taking them all the way but favored Tiger, ridden by Eibar Coa, would have none it, overtaking the grade I winner nearing the eighth pole and rolling to victory in the $104,700 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Susan and John Moore's prohibitive favorite Smokey Glacken overcame an eventful race for regular jockey Javier Castellano to hold off a surging Magnolia Jackson by a head to win the $154,500 Distaff Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares on the Aqueduct inner dirt track Saturday.
Favored Smokey Glacken toyed with her nine rivals in Saturday's $100,000 Hurricane Bertie Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Gulfstream Park, drawing away to a front running 3 1/2-length victory.
Susan and John Moore's Smokey Glacken collared favorite Trickle of Gold near the quarter pole and drew away in the stretch to capture Saturday's $100,000 First Lady Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares by 4 1/4 lengths at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green