The Fares Farm dispersal at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan. 7-11 conjured a lot of bittersweet emotions and memories for the Fares family and Shannon White, who managed the Lexington-based farm.
The first portion of the Fares Farm dispersal brought strong prices during the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan. 8, highlighted by stakes winner Supreme, who was bought for $800,000 by Stonestreet.
The stakes-winning broodmare Supreme may prove to be the star of the Fares Farm dispersal on Jan. 8 at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale after selling to Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings for $800,000.
Dawn and Ike Thrash's Wild About Marie pulled a 12-1 upset in the Keeneland feature Oct. 14, coming from off the pace to take the $100,000 Buffalo Trace Franklin County Stakes by two lengths.
Bill and Vicki Poston's Jenny's So Great captured the Aug. 1 Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) at Woodbine in dramatic fashion, rallying from last and surging to a two-length advantage at the wire.
Much Rejoicing seeks her first graded stakes win as the lukewarm favorite in the $150,000 Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) on the Woodbine turf Aug. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- Flatter Colt Tops OBS Select Yearling Session
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante
- Southern CA Tracks, TOC Have Dates Agreement
- Gran Villano is 75th Scat Daddy Stakes Winner
- Six Stakes Fill NY Showcase Day
- 'Chrome,' Beholder Weighing Options after PC
- BH 100: Covered Up