The Fares Farm dispersal at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan. 7-11 conjured a lot of bittersweet emotions and memories for the Fares family and Shannon White, who managed the Lexington-based farm.
The first portion of the Fares Farm dispersal brought strong prices during the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan. 8, highlighted by stakes winner Supreme, who was bought for $800,000 by Stonestreet.
The stakes-winning broodmare Supreme may prove to be the star of the Fares Farm dispersal on Jan. 8 at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale after selling to Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings for $800,000.
Dawn and Ike Thrash's Wild About Marie pulled a 12-1 upset in the Keeneland feature Oct. 14, coming from off the pace to take the $100,000 Buffalo Trace Franklin County Stakes by two lengths.
Bill and Vicki Poston's Jenny's So Great captured the Aug. 1 Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) at Woodbine in dramatic fashion, rallying from last and surging to a two-length advantage at the wire.
Much Rejoicing seeks her first graded stakes win as the lukewarm favorite in the $150,000 Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) on the Woodbine turf Aug. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Illinois Gaming Plans Would Slice Racing Aid
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Eight Rivals Try Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio