The Fares Farm dispersal at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan. 7-11 conjured a lot of bittersweet emotions and memories for the Fares family and Shannon White, who managed the Lexington-based farm.
The first portion of the Fares Farm dispersal brought strong prices during the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan. 8, highlighted by stakes winner Supreme, who was bought for $800,000 by Stonestreet.
The stakes-winning broodmare Supreme may prove to be the star of the Fares Farm dispersal on Jan. 8 at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale after selling to Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings for $800,000.
Dawn and Ike Thrash's Wild About Marie pulled a 12-1 upset in the Keeneland feature Oct. 14, coming from off the pace to take the $100,000 Buffalo Trace Franklin County Stakes by two lengths.
Bill and Vicki Poston's Jenny's So Great captured the Aug. 1 Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) at Woodbine in dramatic fashion, rallying from last and surging to a two-length advantage at the wire.
Much Rejoicing seeks her first graded stakes win as the lukewarm favorite in the $150,000 Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) on the Woodbine turf Aug. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment