The staying power of Kentucky-bred Storm the Stars will be tested Sept. 12 at Doncaster, when he meets six opponents in the Ladbrokes St. Leger (Eng-I).
Lexington, Ky., feed companies are busy filling orders for bags and buckets of mycotoxin binder from horse owners in 15 states throughout the East Coast and Canada. Here is a list of companies selling the binder and associated products.
The Blood-Horse, Inc., is introducing a new sales supplement that offers more detailed information in an easy to read format.
Different workloads, stages of growth, pregnancy, and lactation require different dietary configurations for the horse. To meet those needs, horse owners often want to use supplements. However, you should realize that supplements could cause more problems than they solve, writes Dr. Joseph J. Bertone in the February edition of The Horse.
A study demonstrates that echinacea acts as an immuno-stimulant and a hematinic agent in horses, providing a unique scientific rationale for feeding this popular herb as a supplement to both improved immune function and overall blood quality.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence