English and French champion Superstar Leo, who made it a habit of beating males as a 2-year-old last year, has been retired from racing.
Making his second career start, Michael Tabor's 2-year-old colt Tinardi earned his first career win by beating nine other juveniles in the Independent Heinz 57 Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) Sunday at Leopardstown.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby
- Keeneland Ends With Handle, Attendance Gains