Tom LaMarra and Pete Denk discuss exacta, trifecta and superfecta bets. Sponsored by HRTV.
Preliminary analysis by the Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau suggests nothing appears amiss with wagering on the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) won by longshot Da' Tara.
The 10-cent superfectas that have become popular at North American racetracks will make their Breeders' Cup World Championships debut at Monmouth Park Oct. 26-27.
Churchill Downs will add dime superfectas to its wagering menu beginning with the 11-race racing program on May 11.
Churchill Downs is offering Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) fans a chance to take home a million-dollar prize May 6. The Kentucky Derby "Super" Challenge, a free online contest that debuts this year, offers participants the opportunity to win up to $1 million by selecting the winning superfecta in the Derby.
Ellis Park's newest wager this summer, the 10-cent superfecta, has accounted for more than half the total amount wagered in those poil during the first three weeks of the season.
The superfecta wager will return to Canadian bettors Nov. 18, it was announced Friday following a meeting in Ottawa of representatives of the major Canadian tracks, tote companies and the Canadian Pari-Mutuel Agency.
Keyed by a $109.80 winner, a record-shattering superfecta of $103,595.60 was paid out on Keeneland's closing day.
Most Popular Stories
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Judy the Beauty Looks Splendid in Las Flores
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Florida Derby Card to Receive Purse Incentive
- Hernandez Reaches 1,000th Victory Milestone
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe