Though only two of 12 scheduled races were run, consensus was the Super Track Racing Series held at Gulfstream Park March 10 went well.
Magna Entertainment's "Super Track Racing Series" Saturday, March 10, has been reduced to just a pair of races, carded as the ninth and 10th, on Gulfstream's Florida Derby card
The first of two rounds in Magna Entertainment's "Super Track Racing Series" has been canceled because of a lack of time to prepare and possibly complications tied to medication rules. The first round of the series -- six $100,000 races at Santa Anita Park March 3 -- has been scrapped, the Magna-owned California track announced Tuesday. The second round, scheduled for March 10 at Gulfstream Park, Magna's Florida track, will go as planned, officials said.
The complicated details of a bicoastal series designed to generate more fans and boost field size at two Magna-owned tracks were announced Friday at a press conference. Now, track officials need to schedule a series of classes so people understand it.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years
- Close Hatches Bids for Perfection at Saratoga