Bee Bee Stables' Supah Blitz, second in the grade I Fountain of Youth by 5 1/4 lengths, breezed five furlongs in 1:02 at Calder Race Course Wednesday morning.
Dark bay/brown colt, foaled February 10, 2000
Mecke--Boots 'n Jackie, by Major Moran
Fortune smiled on Einar Robsham's Trust N Luck in Saturday's $200,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. I) as the front-running colt was able to run away to an easy victory in the first major Kentucky Derby (gr. I) prep race of 2003.
Nine 3-year-olds were entered for Saturday's $200,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. I), Gulfstream Park's traditional send off on the road to the Triple Crown.
Heavy favorite Excessive Pleasure set all of the fractions but could not hold off Valid Video in an all-out stretch run in the $250,000 Ocala Stud Sunshine Millions Dash for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Saturday.
Favored Nothing To Lose, with Jerry Bailey riding, unleashed a strong drive to overtake the leaders in midstretch and go on to a 1 3/4-length victory in Wednesday's $100,000 Tropical Park Derby (gr. IIIT) at Calder Race Course.
The first 'Derby' and 'Oaks' races for newly-turned 3-year-olds on the North American racing calendar will be contested Wednesday, New Year's Day, at Calder Racecourse with renewals of $100,000 companion events on turf.
Best of the Rest knocks down the largest purse on Florida Million Day.
Both the Dr. Fager and Desert Vixen first-round Florida Stallion Stakes divisions for 2-year-olds at Calder Race Course produced mild upsets of favorites and round two comes Saturday in the $125,000 Affirmed and $125,000 Susan's Girl divisions at seven furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start