The $100,000 Sunshine Millions Filly & Mare Turf drew a well-matched field of 11, while Reporting Star heads the $100,000 Sunshine Millions Turf on Jan. 17 at Gulfstream Park.
Heavy choice Tight Precision, closing fast on the outside, surged past Bootleg Annie and Pretty Unusual close to home to post her first stakes victory in the $300,000 Sunshine Millions Filly & Mare Turf at Santa Anita.
Hobeau Farm's homebred filly Miss Shop circled rivals four wide on the far turn and drove to a hard-fought 1 1/4-length victory over California invader Memorette in Saturday's $500,000 Sunshine Millions Filly & Mare Turf at Gulfstream Park.
Sweetnorthernsaint was installed the 9-to-5 favorite for Saturday's $1 million Sunshine Millions Classic at Gulfstream Park despite drawing the far outside post position 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager