Ronchalon Stable's Irish-bred Belle Allure looks for her first U.S. stakes win in the $100,000 Athenia (gr. IIIT) Oct. 21 going 1 1/16 miles over the Belmont Park turf course. Originally carded for Oct. 17, the race was moved when inclement weather forced racing off the grass in New York this weekend.
My Princess Jess halted a three-race losing streak while beginning her 4-year-old campaign with a 1 3/4-length victory over favored Carribean Sunset in the $109,000 Beaugay (g. IIIT) over the inner turf course at Belmont Park May 2.
Darley Stable's homebred Criticism, just missing in her U.S. debut last month, left no doubt about her winning intentions in her second American start, as the 4-year-old filly took over in upper stretch and pulled away for a one-length victory in the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 1 on the Aqueduct turf.
Hostess, a two-time graded stakes winner this year, makes what is likely the final start of her racing career in the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) over the Aqueduct turf Nov. 1.
Sunshine for Life, sent off as the longest shot in a field of seven fillies and mares, took advantage of a soft pace and uncontested lead, going gate-to-wire while pulling off a shocking upset in the $110,300 Athenia Handicap (gr. IIIT) Oct. 11 at Belmont Park.
Waquoit's Love, dismissed at odds 13-1 in Belmont Park's Noble Damsel (gr. IIIT) one month ago only to lose by a head to Criminologist, will get another crack at her nemesis in the $100,000 Athenia Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf Oct. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Caren, Are You Kidding Me Score at Woodbine
- Noholdingback Bear in Gallant Bob Stakes
- Blacktype Wins Record Commonwealth Turf Cup
- Mrs McDougal Shows the Way in Noble Damsel