Heavy Breathing, the full brother to grade I winner and sire Frost Giant, will stand his initial season in 2014 for a fee of $2,500 at Dutchess Views Farm in Pine Plains, N.Y.
Following the record-breaking success of last year's top New York freshman sire Frost Giant, a group including that stallion's principal owner will stand his full brother, stakes-placed Heavy Breathing, in New York in 2014.
The owners of New York-based stallion Frost Giant said March 27 that they have filed a lawsuit against Vinery New York, where Frost Giant stood in 2011 and 2012. Vinery did not immediately comment.
Booked full for the current season, young sire Frost Giant will be headed from his base in New York to stand at Yarradale Stud in Western Australia for the Southern Hemisphere season that begins in August.
Frost Giant, a leading first-crop sire, will stand in 2013 at Keane Stud near Amenia, N.Y, for $7,500
The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale, which ended its three-day run Oct. 27 in Lexington, generated results that were "totally expected," according to the auction firm's chairman Walt Robertson.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- OBS March 2YO Sale Set for March 17-18
- Australia Expects 3.3% Drop in 2015 Foal Crop
- Sabercat to Averett Farm in Louisiana
- Average Up, Median Steady as Karaka Sale Ends
- Monmouth Announces 2015 Stakes Schedule
- Charles Town Cancels Friday Evening Card
- Ohio Begins Examination of Medication Rules
- Demonstrative in Aiken Thoroughbred HOF
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23