Heavy Breathing, the full brother to grade I winner and sire Frost Giant, will stand his initial season in 2014 for a fee of $2,500 at Dutchess Views Farm in Pine Plains, N.Y.
Following the record-breaking success of last year's top New York freshman sire Frost Giant, a group including that stallion's principal owner will stand his full brother, stakes-placed Heavy Breathing, in New York in 2014.
The owners of New York-based stallion Frost Giant said March 27 that they have filed a lawsuit against Vinery New York, where Frost Giant stood in 2011 and 2012. Vinery did not immediately comment.
Booked full for the current season, young sire Frost Giant will be headed from his base in New York to stand at Yarradale Stud in Western Australia for the Southern Hemisphere season that begins in August.
Frost Giant, a leading first-crop sire, will stand in 2013 at Keane Stud near Amenia, N.Y, for $7,500
The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale, which ended its three-day run Oct. 27 in Lexington, generated results that were "totally expected," according to the auction firm's chairman Walt Robertson.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker
- Wicked Strong Gets Redemption in Jim Dandy
- Jockey Maria Thornton Gets First Victory
- Guys Reward Finds Path to Oceanport Tally