Veteran horseman John Quentin Thornbury died Sept. 8 in Lexington at 87. A Kentucky native, he owned Sunnyside Farm near Paris, Ky., with Dr. Robert Copelan.
Clock Stopper, who won the April 16 Commonwealth Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland, was retired following the discovery of a bowed tendon in his left front leg following the race.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch