Veteran horseman John Quentin Thornbury died Sept. 8 in Lexington at 87. A Kentucky native, he owned Sunnyside Farm near Paris, Ky., with Dr. Robert Copelan.
Clock Stopper, who won the April 16 Commonwealth Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland, was retired following the discovery of a bowed tendon in his left front leg following the race.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- The Week in Photos for 7/28/2015
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline