Veteran horseman John Quentin Thornbury died Sept. 8 in Lexington at 87. A Kentucky native, he owned Sunnyside Farm near Paris, Ky., with Dr. Robert Copelan.
Clock Stopper, who won the April 16 Commonwealth Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland, was retired following the discovery of a bowed tendon in his left front leg following the race.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby