Veteran horseman John Quentin Thornbury died Sept. 8 in Lexington at 87. A Kentucky native, he owned Sunnyside Farm near Paris, Ky., with Dr. Robert Copelan.
Clock Stopper, who won the April 16 Commonwealth Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland, was retired following the discovery of a bowed tendon in his left front leg following the race.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Belvoir Bay Makes the Grade in Torrey Pines
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- War Front Gets 50th Black-Type Winner
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Romero Rides First Winner at Indiana Grand