Veteran horseman John Quentin Thornbury died Sept. 8 in Lexington at 87. A Kentucky native, he owned Sunnyside Farm near Paris, Ky., with Dr. Robert Copelan.
Clock Stopper, who won the April 16 Commonwealth Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland, was retired following the discovery of a bowed tendon in his left front leg following the race.
Most Popular Stories
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Heerman Shaped Today's Thoroughbred Sales
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20
- Empire Dreams Stretches Out in New York Derby
- That Handicapping Show: Delaware Handicap
- Delaware Park, Horsemen Extend Contract
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Blue Horse Charities Merging Efforts with TAA
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory