The Herc, a 2-year-old colt whose 96-year-old owner Sam Longo died Thursday, became the first Oak Tree stakes winner for trainer Gary Stute in the $81,975 Sunny Slope Stakes Saturday at Santa Anita.
Only The Best popped out of the gate and improved his position in Saturday's $96,600 Sunny Slope Stakes at Oak Tree at Santa Anita, rolling to a two-length victory under Patrick Valenzuela.
Juveniles take center stage at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting this weekend.
Most Popular Stories
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Keeneland Secures Seventh Simulcast Award
- Grade III winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session
- Lemon Drop Dream Takes on Seven in Phoenix