The Herc, a 2-year-old colt whose 96-year-old owner Sam Longo died Thursday, became the first Oak Tree stakes winner for trainer Gary Stute in the $81,975 Sunny Slope Stakes Saturday at Santa Anita.
Only The Best popped out of the gate and improved his position in Saturday's $96,600 Sunny Slope Stakes at Oak Tree at Santa Anita, rolling to a two-length victory under Patrick Valenzuela.
Juveniles take center stage at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting this weekend.
Most Popular Stories
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Penn Mile Tops 193-Day Penn National Schedule
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- Britain's New Steroid Policy Change Delayed
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill