Juliesugardaddy, unbeaten in three turf starts, could be just the tonic that ailing trainer Barry Abrams needs when the gray colt seeks his first graded stakes victory Saturday in the $100,000-added Will Rogers Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park.
French invader Sunny Sky, third-place finisher in the Generous Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 2-year-olds on turf Saturday, will remain in California and test dirt for the first time in the Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) at 1 1/16 miles on Dec. 18, according to trainer Maurice Zilber.
Trainer Todd Pletcher shipped to Southern California for his second Hollywood Turf Festival triumph in as many days when Dubleo registered his sixth win of 2004 in the $100,000 Generous Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 2-year-olds going a mile on the turf.
Blackdoun and Special Ring failed to handle a yielding turf course in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Lone Star Park on Oct. 30, finishing seventh and thirteenth, respectively, but the race took so little out of them they could both return later this month at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?
- Far Right Works, Confirmed for Southwest