Juliesugardaddy, unbeaten in three turf starts, could be just the tonic that ailing trainer Barry Abrams needs when the gray colt seeks his first graded stakes victory Saturday in the $100,000-added Will Rogers Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park.
French invader Sunny Sky, third-place finisher in the Generous Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 2-year-olds on turf Saturday, will remain in California and test dirt for the first time in the Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) at 1 1/16 miles on Dec. 18, according to trainer Maurice Zilber.
Trainer Todd Pletcher shipped to Southern California for his second Hollywood Turf Festival triumph in as many days when Dubleo registered his sixth win of 2004 in the $100,000 Generous Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 2-year-olds going a mile on the turf.
Blackdoun and Special Ring failed to handle a yielding turf course in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Lone Star Park on Oct. 30, finishing seventh and thirteenth, respectively, but the race took so little out of them they could both return later this month at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records