La Verdad seeks her first win beyond six furlongs as she heads a group of nine New York-bred fillies and mares in the $200,000 Critical Eye at one mile. Earlier on the card, Flipcup heads $125,000 Bouwerie.
New York Showcase Day June 1 at Belmont Park features eight stakes on a 10-race card restricted to New York-breds, with a variety of familiar contenders running for $850,000 in purses.
New York-bred Sunny Desert will put her six-race win streak on the line when she tries to grab the first graded stakes victory of her career March 2 in the $200,000 Top Flight Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Saul and Max Kupferberg's Sunny Desert continued her winning ways in the Jan. 6 $67,500 Cat Cay Stakes at Aqueduct. The victory was marred by the breakdown of Wildcat's Smile.
Favorites swept the New York Stallion Series stakes Nov. 14 at Aqueduct as Sportswriter took the $100,000 Thunder Rumble and Sunny Desert overcame a troubled start to win the $100,000 Staten Island for fillies and mares.
Sportswriter will try to win his first NYSS on the dirt when he competes in the $100,000 Thunder Rumble at Aqueduct Racetrack, while Sunny Desert heads the $100,000 Staten Island for females Nov. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry