No horse entered in this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) owns a more decisive victory than Firing Line, who won the Sunland Derby (gr. III) by 14 1/4 lengths.
Gabby's Golden Gal, trained by Bob Baffert, romped to a 13-length win with Victor Espinoza in the saddle in the $200,000 Sunland Oaks for 3-year-old fillies at New Mexico's Sunland Park March 29.
Merv Griffin's versatile Cee's Irish, ridden by Corey Nakatani, pulled away from her rivals at the head of the stretch in winning the $259,000 WinStar Sunland Oaks Saturday in virtually gate-to-wire fashion.
Among the trainers sending horses to New Mexico this weekend are Steve Asmussen and Ted West.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support