No horse entered in this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) owns a more decisive victory than Firing Line, who won the Sunland Derby (gr. III) by 14 1/4 lengths.
Gabby's Golden Gal, trained by Bob Baffert, romped to a 13-length win with Victor Espinoza in the saddle in the $200,000 Sunland Oaks for 3-year-old fillies at New Mexico's Sunland Park March 29.
Merv Griffin's versatile Cee's Irish, ridden by Corey Nakatani, pulled away from her rivals at the head of the stretch in winning the $259,000 WinStar Sunland Oaks Saturday in virtually gate-to-wire fashion.
Among the trainers sending horses to New Mexico this weekend are Steve Asmussen and Ted West.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Bernardini Rules Fasig-Tipton Final Session
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now