No horse entered in this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) owns a more decisive victory than Firing Line, who won the Sunland Derby (gr. III) by 14 1/4 lengths.
Gabby's Golden Gal, trained by Bob Baffert, romped to a 13-length win with Victor Espinoza in the saddle in the $200,000 Sunland Oaks for 3-year-old fillies at New Mexico's Sunland Park March 29.
Merv Griffin's versatile Cee's Irish, ridden by Corey Nakatani, pulled away from her rivals at the head of the stretch in winning the $259,000 WinStar Sunland Oaks Saturday in virtually gate-to-wire fashion.
Among the trainers sending horses to New Mexico this weekend are Steve Asmussen and Ted West.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective