No horse entered in this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) owns a more decisive victory than Firing Line, who won the Sunland Derby (gr. III) by 14 1/4 lengths.
Gabby's Golden Gal, trained by Bob Baffert, romped to a 13-length win with Victor Espinoza in the saddle in the $200,000 Sunland Oaks for 3-year-old fillies at New Mexico's Sunland Park March 29.
Merv Griffin's versatile Cee's Irish, ridden by Corey Nakatani, pulled away from her rivals at the head of the stretch in winning the $259,000 WinStar Sunland Oaks Saturday in virtually gate-to-wire fashion.
Among the trainers sending horses to New Mexico this weekend are Steve Asmussen and Ted West.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- A. P. Indian Seeks Repeat in G1 Vanderbilt
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- TCA Appoints Five New Directors
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Extend Racing, Simulcasting