Charlie Appleby is scheduled to meet with the British Horseracing Authority's Licensing Committee July 10 in pursuit of his trainer's certificate. Godolphin has pegged him to take over training at its Moulton Paddocks.
The British trainer has been formerly charged by the British Horseracing Authority for using steroids illegally. The date of the hearing has not been set.
Newmarket-based trainer Gerard Butler will soon be charged by the British Horseracing Authority over his use of the drug Sungate, which contains the banned anabolic steroid stanozolol.
Gerard Butler said more than 100 horses at Newmarket have been treated with the product Sungate, at the recommendation of veterinarians.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- F-T Saratoga Fall Sale Expanded to Two Days
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- Game Sole Power Finds Gap Late in Nunthorpe
- Pat O'Brien Deja Vu for Fed Biz, Goldencents