Charlie Appleby is scheduled to meet with the British Horseracing Authority's Licensing Committee July 10 in pursuit of his trainer's certificate. Godolphin has pegged him to take over training at its Moulton Paddocks.
The British trainer has been formerly charged by the British Horseracing Authority for using steroids illegally. The date of the hearing has not been set.
Newmarket-based trainer Gerard Butler will soon be charged by the British Horseracing Authority over his use of the drug Sungate, which contains the banned anabolic steroid stanozolol.
Gerard Butler said more than 100 horses at Newmarket have been treated with the product Sungate, at the recommendation of veterinarians.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Challenge a Lucrative Entry for Starters
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic