The gross soars 59.6% while the average grows 17.9% and the median increases 19%.
Bel Mer sells for Aust$1,050,000 ($980,053 in U.S. funds), and Sun Classique brings Aust$2 million ($1,866,770) privately.
After his impressive win in $6 million Dubai World Cup UAE-I), Curlin will have a well-deserved rest before returning to the track for the second part of the year, trainer Steve Asmussen said a day after his champion's March 29 victory.
The South African-based mare Sun Classique went for an early move and was able to hold off favored Viva Pataca in the US$5 million Sheema Classic, giving trainer Michael de Kock his second victory on the 2008 Dubai World Cup program at Nad Al Sheba March 29.
Better Talk Now might be several years removed from a victory in the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), but that doesn't mean he's ready to take a back seat to some of the finest 1 1/2-mile turf experts in Dubai March 29.
Sun Classique overcame a troubled trip to post a gutsy neck victory over Many Colours in the listed Balanchine Stakes at Nad al Sheba Feb. 22.
Trainer Mike de Kock and jockey Kevin Shea teamed up to capture the two stakes races that highlighted the fourth evening of the Dubai Racing Carnival at Nad al Sheba Feb. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- A. P. Indian Seeks Repeat in G1 Vanderbilt
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- TCA Appoints Five New Directors
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Extend Racing, Simulcasting