Keeneland, together with Communicating for Agriculture's International Exchange Program, has selected Dr. Marina Neves Penna and Ainslee (Lexy) Brackney as the first recipients of fully funded internships to work abroad in the Thoroughbred industry.
The competition between Darley Stud organization and Irish-based Coolmore has become the defining element in Thoroughbred breeding, one that opens up opportunities for smaller breeders, delegates to the 31st Asian Racing Conference were told Jan. 25 in Dubai.
Grade I winner Labeeb died May 22 while standing his second season at Mick Goss' Summerhill Stud in South Africa.
South African stallion Rambo Dancer, who was purchased by Darley Stud Management for $2.6 million at the 1985 Keeneland July yearling sale, has died after covering a mare at Summerhill Stud in South Africa.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident