Longtime horse owners and breeders Lisa and Jerry Campbell have launched Team Equest, a Florida-based syndicate initiative designed to attract new owners to racing.
Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. concluded its winter mixed sale Jan. 24 in Ocala, Fla., on a high note.
Because I Like It, a mare by Lion Heart in foal to High Cotton, and a weanling filly by Wilburn each brought $70,000 to share top honors at the open session of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s Fall mixed sale Oct. 16 in Florida.
Optimism is high heading into the 12-day Keeneland September yearling sale. A new four-day format for Book One greets buyers and sellers beginning Sept. 9.
An active third and final session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale Aug. 22 in Ocala, Fla. fueled new sale open session records for average and median prices.
Figures rose across the board for the second straight day at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale Aug. 21 in Ocala, Fla.
The three-day OBS August yearling sale got off to a strong start with double-digit increases in average and median.
The "blowback" moment came during Books One and Two of Keeneland's September yearling sale. Friday, Sept. 18, offered a bit of a respite, but consignors were busy sizing up the market and showing yearlings from Saturday and Sunday's Book Three.
Weanlings have been driving the market at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. Fall Mixed Sale in recent years, and Monday's opening session of the 2004 auction indicated the trend was set to continue.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill