A Kipling colt brought $28,500 to top the Oklahoma City summer yearling sale. Carter Sales Co. conducted the auction Aug. 21 at the Oklahoma City Fairgrounds.
Fasig-Tipton has cataloged 170 yearlings for its Texas summer yearling sale at Lone Star Park. The number is down 54.3% from last year's total of 372.
A Candy Ride colt brought the top price of $105,000 Sept. 6 during the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's summer yearling sale.
Todd and Shawn Hansen purchased English Channel yearling filly for $80,000 from Griffin Place, agent.
The Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association's summer yearling sale recorded small increases in gross revenue and median price Tuesday.
Business was steady on several fronts at the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association's summer yearling sale, which was held at Emerald Downs on Tuesday.
Fasig-Tipton's annual Saratoga yearling auction ended with plenty of fireworks Thursday night: a Seattle Slew colt whose $4.2 million hammer price was the second-highest in the sale's history; a filly by Hennessy selling for $1.8 million, the highest filly price since the high-flying 1980s; and a final session average of almost $400,000.
A colt by A.P. Indy and a filly by Silver Deputy each brought final bids in excess of $1 million during Tuesday night's opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., but the average, median, and gross revenues all were down from the 1999 opener.
At Keeneland's 2000 July yealring sale, 130 horses were sold for a total of $80,732,000, a 5.1% increase over the $76,815,000 gross in 1999. This year's average of $621,015 was up 6.7% over the $581,932 average last year, and the median was unchanged at $400,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup