Grade I winner Don't Tell Sophia, bought by trainer Phil Sims for $1,000 as a yearling, was purchased by Shunsuke Yoshida for $1.2 million during the early portion of the Nov. 2 session of the Keeneland November sale.
The final day of the 2011 Hastings Racecourse season Oct. 2 features full fields for two of the biggest events of the meet: the $100,000 Ballerina Stakes (Can-III) and the $100,000 British Columbia Premiers Handicap.
Lecturing Lynn, winner of the Hong Kong Jockey Club Handicap in her most recent start, is the 9-5 morning line choice in the $125,000 British Columbia Breeders' Cup Oaks (Can-III) at Hastings Park in Vancouver, Canada Sept. 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- CHRB Medication Rule Modifications for 2017
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet