Grade I winner Don't Tell Sophia, bought by trainer Phil Sims for $1,000 as a yearling, was purchased by Shunsuke Yoshida for $1.2 million during the early portion of the Nov. 2 session of the Keeneland November sale.
The final day of the 2011 Hastings Racecourse season Oct. 2 features full fields for two of the biggest events of the meet: the $100,000 Ballerina Stakes (Can-III) and the $100,000 British Columbia Premiers Handicap.
Lecturing Lynn, winner of the Hong Kong Jockey Club Handicap in her most recent start, is the 9-5 morning line choice in the $125,000 British Columbia Breeders' Cup Oaks (Can-III) at Hastings Park in Vancouver, Canada Sept. 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer