Grade I winner Don't Tell Sophia, bought by trainer Phil Sims for $1,000 as a yearling, was purchased by Shunsuke Yoshida for $1.2 million during the early portion of the Nov. 2 session of the Keeneland November sale.
The final day of the 2011 Hastings Racecourse season Oct. 2 features full fields for two of the biggest events of the meet: the $100,000 Ballerina Stakes (Can-III) and the $100,000 British Columbia Premiers Handicap.
Lecturing Lynn, winner of the Hong Kong Jockey Club Handicap in her most recent start, is the 9-5 morning line choice in the $125,000 British Columbia Breeders' Cup Oaks (Can-III) at Hastings Park in Vancouver, Canada Sept. 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- The Star of the BC Classic: Lucky Spell?
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC