Grade I winner Don't Tell Sophia, bought by trainer Phil Sims for $1,000 as a yearling, was purchased by Shunsuke Yoshida for $1.2 million during the early portion of the Nov. 2 session of the Keeneland November sale.
The final day of the 2011 Hastings Racecourse season Oct. 2 features full fields for two of the biggest events of the meet: the $100,000 Ballerina Stakes (Can-III) and the $100,000 British Columbia Premiers Handicap.
Lecturing Lynn, winner of the Hong Kong Jockey Club Handicap in her most recent start, is the 9-5 morning line choice in the $125,000 British Columbia Breeders' Cup Oaks (Can-III) at Hastings Park in Vancouver, Canada Sept. 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Two Unbeaten Favorites in Florida Sire Series
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes