The Blood-Horse's Summer Select Sales Guide provides insight into the premier summer yearling sales of 2012. Download Now
While the bloodstock market anxiously awaits the beginning of the yearling sale season, there is a heightened level of anticipation with first-crop stallions.
Day two of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky selected yearlings sale in Lexington, Ky. began with an Unbridled colt, Hip No. 297, shattering Wednesday's top price. As the sale concluded, final numbers were positive with the exception of the number of horses that did not meet their reserve prices.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa