The Blood-Horse's Summer Select Sales Guide provides insight into the premier summer yearling sales of 2012. Download Now
While the bloodstock market anxiously awaits the beginning of the yearling sale season, there is a heightened level of anticipation with first-crop stallions.
Day two of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky selected yearlings sale in Lexington, Ky. began with an Unbridled colt, Hip No. 297, shattering Wednesday's top price. As the sale concluded, final numbers were positive with the exception of the number of horses that did not meet their reserve prices.
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.