The Blood-Horse's Summer Select Sales Guide provides insight into the premier summer yearling sales of 2012. Download Now
While the bloodstock market anxiously awaits the beginning of the yearling sale season, there is a heightened level of anticipation with first-crop stallions.
Day two of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky selected yearlings sale in Lexington, Ky. began with an Unbridled colt, Hip No. 297, shattering Wednesday's top price. As the sale concluded, final numbers were positive with the exception of the number of horses that did not meet their reserve prices.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa