Son of Unbridled's Song out of graded stakes winner Summer Raven (by Summer Squall) retired, will stand at Brent and Crytal Fernung's Journeyman Stud near Ocala, Fla.
With less than 100 hips remaining on Jan. 10 at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale, the Bernardini mare Mahkama ranked as the fourth session's top price at $145,000.
Summer Raven, winner of the 2004 Tempted Stakes (gr. III) and in foal to Unbridled's Song, became the first horse to bring seven figures Nov. 11 during the second session of the Keeneland November breeding stock auction in Lexington. Offered around noon (EST), she sold for $1.7 million to Kentucky bloodstock agent Reynolds Bell.
Front-running Punch Appeal turned back Summer Raven in the stretch run of the $250,000 Boyd Gaming's Delta Princess for 2-year-old fillies and pulled away for a 5 1/2-length victory Saturday at Delta Downs.
Two-year-old filly Punch Appeal, a winner of five races in 2004, will try to cap a successful year with a victory in the rich $250,000 Boyd Gaming's Delta Princess Stakes at Delta Downs Saturday.
Summer Raven went to the front, set all of the fractions and drew off to win the 29th running of the $104,600 Tempted (gr. III), co-feature on Tuesday's Election Day card at Aqueduct.
Toll Taker surprised favorite Im a Dixie Girl by 3 1/4 lengths in the Astarita and Flamenco won the Cowdin by three-quarters of a length Sunday in a pair of juvenile stakes at Belmont Park.
A half-dozen 2-year-old fillies will face the starter for the $100,000 Astarita (gr. III) at Belmont Park Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees