Tampa Bay Downs presents its second annual Summer Festival of Racing June 30 and July 1, featuring an approximate 25% increase in purses from last year's inaugural two-day event.
Tampa Bay Downs is moving ahead with a two-day meet it calls the Summer Festival of Racing.
The Illinois Racing Board has approved a compromise 2004 Chicago-area Thoroughbred season that has Arlington Park giving up a week of live racing in return for "host track" revenue from early-season simulcasting. But serious questions remain about purse levels for 2004 because the state legislature during its spring session backed away from approving slot machines at racetracks.
While Arlington International Racecourse finalizes its marriage with Churchill Downs, it is preparing to hike overnight purses for its “Summer Festival of Racing” to about $275,000 per day.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees