Exciting Thoroughbred racing returns to Tampa Bay Downs June 30 and July 1 as horsemen, jockeys, track officials, and area fans celebrate the fourth annual Summer Festival of Racing.
Tampa Bay Downs presents its second annual Summer Festival of Racing June 30 and July 1, featuring an approximate 25% increase in purses from last year's inaugural two-day event.
Tampa Bay Downs is moving ahead with a two-day meet it calls the Summer Festival of Racing.
The Illinois Racing Board has approved a compromise 2004 Chicago-area Thoroughbred season that has Arlington Park giving up a week of live racing in return for "host track" revenue from early-season simulcasting. But serious questions remain about purse levels for 2004 because the state legislature during its spring session backed away from approving slot machines at racetracks.
While Arlington International Racecourse finalizes its marriage with Churchill Downs, it is preparing to hike overnight purses for its “Summer Festival of Racing” to about $275,000 per day.
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby