A Fayette (Lexington) Circuit Court jury failed Oct. 28 to reach a verdict in a lawsuit filed over the disputed purchase of the broodmare Love Me Only for $2.1 million in 2011.
- By Steve Haskin
That summer, I was given what still is the most ambitious and challenging assignment of my life. read blog
Fasig-Tipton has cataloged 170 yearlings for its Texas summer yearling sale at Lone Star Park. The number is down 54.3% from last year's total of 372.
Fasig-Tipton Texas will conduct the largest single day of selling in its history Aug. 30, when 425 horses are scheduled to go through the auction ring.
With a big Memorial Day weekend of racing on tap, I am reminded of a bygone era when both media and horses were treated differently. Read Blog
The auction will be held Aug. 30 at Lone Star Park.
The catalog for the Fasig-Tipton Texas summer yearling sale has 417 horses.
By Richard Zwirn - Thoroughbred farms and stables are inundated with them this time of year. There are way too many to eradicate, as for every one you see, there are thousands you don't. Flies are survivors.
The Fasig-Tipton Summer Texas yearling sale got off to a slow start Monday with 129 horses selling for an average of $10,373 and a median of $5,000.
Steady rain forced Laurel Park to cancel 56 turf races during its summer meet and was also cited for a 5% drop in total handle and a 4% decline in attendance.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Jazdzewski Landed Young Far Right for $2,500
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Derby 'Todd Squad' Breezes at Churchill
- Storm Washes Away Texas Mile at Lone Star
- Shared Belief Recovering at Golden Gate
- Prince Bishop, African Story Retired
- Derby Jockey Walker Influenced Breeders
- Keeneland Spring Handle Figures Down
- Record Average for OBS Spring Sale