The extraordinarily reclusive new owner of this 91-year-old Thoroughbred nursery has revealed little about his plans since purchasing the most public of Lexington properties, but one goal is clear: to breed Triple Crown runners and, hopefully, winners.
A Fayette (Lexington) Circuit Court jury failed Oct. 28 to reach a verdict in a lawsuit filed over the disputed purchase of the broodmare Love Me Only for $2.1 million in 2011.
- By Steve Haskin
That summer, I was given what still is the most ambitious and challenging assignment of my life. read blog
Fasig-Tipton has cataloged 170 yearlings for its Texas summer yearling sale at Lone Star Park. The number is down 54.3% from last year's total of 372.
Fasig-Tipton Texas will conduct the largest single day of selling in its history Aug. 30, when 425 horses are scheduled to go through the auction ring.
With a big Memorial Day weekend of racing on tap, I am reminded of a bygone era when both media and horses were treated differently. Read Blog
The auction will be held Aug. 30 at Lone Star Park.
The catalog for the Fasig-Tipton Texas summer yearling sale has 417 horses.
By Richard Zwirn - Thoroughbred farms and stables are inundated with them this time of year. There are way too many to eradicate, as for every one you see, there are thousands you don't. Flies are survivors.
The Fasig-Tipton Summer Texas yearling sale got off to a slow start Monday with 129 horses selling for an average of $10,373 and a median of $5,000.
Steady rain forced Laurel Park to cancel 56 turf races during its summer meet and was also cited for a 5% drop in total handle and a 4% decline in attendance.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al