Ready's Echo, runner-up in this year's Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) and placed in last year's Belmont Stakes (gr. I), has been sold to Zabeel Racing
The Japan Racing Association has bought English champion and group I winner David Junior to stand at the Japan Bloodhorse Breeders' Association's Shizunai Stallion Station.
John Sullivan, whose charge The Bart was nipped by John Henry in the inaugural Arlington Million in 1981, died March 20 in Arcadia, Calif., from cancer.
John Jeremiah Sullivan has won the media Eclipse Award for writing in the feature/enterprise category for his article, "Horseman, Pass By: Glory, Grief, and the Race for the Triple Crown," which appeared in the October 2002 issue of Harper's Magazine. Sullivan's article recounted War Emblem's attempt to win the Triple Crown.
Joseph Sullivan's homebred turf star The Vid was found dead in his stall early Friday morning at Noel Hickey's Irish Acres farm in Ocala, Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Equine Infectious Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing