A study published online this spring found no link between the vast majority of horses who suffer from exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhage and long-term racing performance.
Ready's Echo, runner-up in this year's Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) and placed in last year's Belmont Stakes (gr. I), has been sold to Zabeel Racing
The Japan Racing Association has bought English champion and group I winner David Junior to stand at the Japan Bloodhorse Breeders' Association's Shizunai Stallion Station.
John Sullivan, whose charge The Bart was nipped by John Henry in the inaugural Arlington Million in 1981, died March 20 in Arcadia, Calif., from cancer.
John Jeremiah Sullivan has won the media Eclipse Award for writing in the feature/enterprise category for his article, "Horseman, Pass By: Glory, Grief, and the Race for the Triple Crown," which appeared in the October 2002 issue of Harper's Magazine. Sullivan's article recounted War Emblem's attempt to win the Triple Crown.
Joseph Sullivan's homebred turf star The Vid was found dead in his stall early Friday morning at Noel Hickey's Irish Acres farm in Ocala, Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Mokat Surges to San Clemente Victory
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis