Ready's Echo, runner-up in this year's Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) and placed in last year's Belmont Stakes (gr. I), has been sold to Zabeel Racing
The Japan Racing Association has bought English champion and group I winner David Junior to stand at the Japan Bloodhorse Breeders' Association's Shizunai Stallion Station.
John Sullivan, whose charge The Bart was nipped by John Henry in the inaugural Arlington Million in 1981, died March 20 in Arcadia, Calif., from cancer.
John Jeremiah Sullivan has won the media Eclipse Award for writing in the feature/enterprise category for his article, "Horseman, Pass By: Glory, Grief, and the Race for the Triple Crown," which appeared in the October 2002 issue of Harper's Magazine. Sullivan's article recounted War Emblem's attempt to win the Triple Crown.
Joseph Sullivan's homebred turf star The Vid was found dead in his stall early Friday morning at Noel Hickey's Irish Acres farm in Ocala, Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru