A study published online this spring found no link between the vast majority of horses who suffer from exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhage and long-term racing performance.
Ready's Echo, runner-up in this year's Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) and placed in last year's Belmont Stakes (gr. I), has been sold to Zabeel Racing
The Japan Racing Association has bought English champion and group I winner David Junior to stand at the Japan Bloodhorse Breeders' Association's Shizunai Stallion Station.
John Sullivan, whose charge The Bart was nipped by John Henry in the inaugural Arlington Million in 1981, died March 20 in Arcadia, Calif., from cancer.
John Jeremiah Sullivan has won the media Eclipse Award for writing in the feature/enterprise category for his article, "Horseman, Pass By: Glory, Grief, and the Race for the Triple Crown," which appeared in the October 2002 issue of Harper's Magazine. Sullivan's article recounted War Emblem's attempt to win the Triple Crown.
Joseph Sullivan's homebred turf star The Vid was found dead in his stall early Friday morning at Noel Hickey's Irish Acres farm in Ocala, Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Happy Holidays From Blood-Horse Publications
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15