German-bred Uriah wins the Long Island Handicap over soft going for owner Gary Tanaka.
A forecast for wet weather over the weekend has horsemen keeping their fingers crossed in hopes the rain will hold off until after Saturday's $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares scheduled at a 1 1/2 mile on turf.
Paul Cole's Mr Dinos, just fifth in the St. Leger, was the star of the show in the French equivalent, the 1 7/8-mile Prix Royal-Oak, at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Bold Conquest Not Likely for Derby AE List
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- Kentucky Derby: Dortmund Gets a Bath
- NY to Consider Rule on Decoupled Entries
- Clabes Appointed Executive Director of KEEP
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Bill Cooke & Calumet Farm's Trophy Collection