German-bred Uriah wins the Long Island Handicap over soft going for owner Gary Tanaka.
A forecast for wet weather over the weekend has horsemen keeping their fingers crossed in hopes the rain will hold off until after Saturday's $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares scheduled at a 1 1/2 mile on turf.
Paul Cole's Mr Dinos, just fifth in the St. Leger, was the star of the show in the French equivalent, the 1 7/8-mile Prix Royal-Oak, at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud
- Positive Start to Fasig-Tipton October Sale