German-bred Uriah wins the Long Island Handicap over soft going for owner Gary Tanaka.
A forecast for wet weather over the weekend has horsemen keeping their fingers crossed in hopes the rain will hold off until after Saturday's $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares scheduled at a 1 1/2 mile on turf.
Paul Cole's Mr Dinos, just fifth in the St. Leger, was the star of the show in the French equivalent, the 1 7/8-mile Prix Royal-Oak, at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Albertrani Sends Berned West for Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet