German-bred Uriah wins the Long Island Handicap over soft going for owner Gary Tanaka.
A forecast for wet weather over the weekend has horsemen keeping their fingers crossed in hopes the rain will hold off until after Saturday's $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares scheduled at a 1 1/2 mile on turf.
Paul Cole's Mr Dinos, just fifth in the St. Leger, was the star of the show in the French equivalent, the 1 7/8-mile Prix Royal-Oak, at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Daddy Does Best