German-bred Uriah wins the Long Island Handicap over soft going for owner Gary Tanaka.
A forecast for wet weather over the weekend has horsemen keeping their fingers crossed in hopes the rain will hold off until after Saturday's $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares scheduled at a 1 1/2 mile on turf.
Paul Cole's Mr Dinos, just fifth in the St. Leger, was the star of the show in the French equivalent, the 1 7/8-mile Prix Royal-Oak, at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- FPD Begins Distribution of Liberty Cu Nails
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Industry Teams to Help Parkinson's Research
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner