German-bred Uriah wins the Long Island Handicap over soft going for owner Gary Tanaka.
A forecast for wet weather over the weekend has horsemen keeping their fingers crossed in hopes the rain will hold off until after Saturday's $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares scheduled at a 1 1/2 mile on turf.
Paul Cole's Mr Dinos, just fifth in the St. Leger, was the star of the show in the French equivalent, the 1 7/8-mile Prix Royal-Oak, at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field