German-bred Uriah wins the Long Island Handicap over soft going for owner Gary Tanaka.
A forecast for wet weather over the weekend has horsemen keeping their fingers crossed in hopes the rain will hold off until after Saturday's $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares scheduled at a 1 1/2 mile on turf.
Paul Cole's Mr Dinos, just fifth in the St. Leger, was the star of the show in the French equivalent, the 1 7/8-mile Prix Royal-Oak, at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels