Purim, who scored his big win in the Shadwell Turf Mile Stakes (gr. IT) in October at Keeneland, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Nathan Fox's Richland Hills near Midway, Ky.
If the relaxed confidence of trainer Tom Proctor could be passed on to his Netjets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) candidate Purim, then the 5-year-old will have a major advantage over his rivals come the $2 million race at Monmouth Park Oct. 27.
Graded stakes winners Purim and Storm Surge will stand in 2008 at Nathan Fox' Richland Hills near Midway. Ky.
Edward Joseph Sukley's homebred Purim, unbeaten in three starts, will face seven 3-year-olds in Saturday's American Derby (gr. IIT) at Arlington Park. The American Derby goes as the fifth race and is the first of three graded stakes on the program with an approximate post of 2:56 p.m. CDT.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Maker Quartet Headlines Fair Grounds 'Cap