Purim, who scored his big win in the Shadwell Turf Mile Stakes (gr. IT) in October at Keeneland, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Nathan Fox's Richland Hills near Midway, Ky.
If the relaxed confidence of trainer Tom Proctor could be passed on to his Netjets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) candidate Purim, then the 5-year-old will have a major advantage over his rivals come the $2 million race at Monmouth Park Oct. 27.
Graded stakes winners Purim and Storm Surge will stand in 2008 at Nathan Fox' Richland Hills near Midway. Ky.
Edward Joseph Sukley's homebred Purim, unbeaten in three starts, will face seven 3-year-olds in Saturday's American Derby (gr. IIT) at Arlington Park. The American Derby goes as the fifth race and is the first of three graded stakes on the program with an approximate post of 2:56 p.m. CDT.
Most Popular Stories
- Qatar Sponsorship Boosts Goodwood Purses
- Scholarship Named in Honor of Thornbury
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Los Alamitos Concludes Successful Winter Meet
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile