Sakhee, a European group I winner who ran second in the 2001 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), was represented by his first winner when his son, Shujoon, won June 28 at first asking at Compeigne in France.
Kris Kin, this year's Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner, was retired from racing several days after his unplaced effort in the Oct.5 Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe Lucien Barriere (Fr-I).
Saeed Suhail's Dilshaan rallied from the back of the 10-horse field to earn his first career victory in the Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I), winning by 2 1/2 lengths Saturday at Doncaster, England. Under jockey Johnny Murtagh, Dilshaan completed the mile in 1:45.87 over soft turf.
Sagitta Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) winner King's Best underwent surgery on a fractured cannon bone the Kingmambo colt sustained in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start