Sakhee, a European group I winner who ran second in the 2001 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), was represented by his first winner when his son, Shujoon, won June 28 at first asking at Compeigne in France.
Kris Kin, this year's Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner, was retired from racing several days after his unplaced effort in the Oct.5 Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe Lucien Barriere (Fr-I).
Saeed Suhail's Dilshaan rallied from the back of the 10-horse field to earn his first career victory in the Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I), winning by 2 1/2 lengths Saturday at Doncaster, England. Under jockey Johnny Murtagh, Dilshaan completed the mile in 1:45.87 over soft turf.
Sagitta Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) winner King's Best underwent surgery on a fractured cannon bone the Kingmambo colt sustained in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- RTCA Seeking Nominees for White Horse Award
- Welfare and Safety Summit Set for June 28