Sakhee, a European group I winner who ran second in the 2001 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), was represented by his first winner when his son, Shujoon, won June 28 at first asking at Compeigne in France.
Kris Kin, this year's Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner, was retired from racing several days after his unplaced effort in the Oct.5 Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe Lucien Barriere (Fr-I).
Saeed Suhail's Dilshaan rallied from the back of the 10-horse field to earn his first career victory in the Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I), winning by 2 1/2 lengths Saturday at Doncaster, England. Under jockey Johnny Murtagh, Dilshaan completed the mile in 1:45.87 over soft turf.
Sagitta Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) winner King's Best underwent surgery on a fractured cannon bone the Kingmambo colt sustained in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11