Sakhee, a European group I winner who ran second in the 2001 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), was represented by his first winner when his son, Shujoon, won June 28 at first asking at Compeigne in France.
Kris Kin, this year's Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner, was retired from racing several days after his unplaced effort in the Oct.5 Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe Lucien Barriere (Fr-I).
Saeed Suhail's Dilshaan rallied from the back of the 10-horse field to earn his first career victory in the Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I), winning by 2 1/2 lengths Saturday at Doncaster, England. Under jockey Johnny Murtagh, Dilshaan completed the mile in 1:45.87 over soft turf.
Sagitta Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) winner King's Best underwent surgery on a fractured cannon bone the Kingmambo colt sustained in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- NYRA May Lose Skorton as Chairman
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- Haskin's One for the Roses: Honor Code