Sakhee, a European group I winner who ran second in the 2001 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), was represented by his first winner when his son, Shujoon, won June 28 at first asking at Compeigne in France.
Kris Kin, this year's Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner, was retired from racing several days after his unplaced effort in the Oct.5 Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe Lucien Barriere (Fr-I).
Saeed Suhail's Dilshaan rallied from the back of the 10-horse field to earn his first career victory in the Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I), winning by 2 1/2 lengths Saturday at Doncaster, England. Under jockey Johnny Murtagh, Dilshaan completed the mile in 1:45.87 over soft turf.
Sagitta Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) winner King's Best underwent surgery on a fractured cannon bone the Kingmambo colt sustained in Sunday's Budweiser Irish Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Sageburg Will Stand in Ireland in 2015
- Unbeaten Dame Dorothy Can Cap Year in Comely
- Brooklynsway Takes on Males at Woodbine
- Maryland Jockey Club Focus on Daily Product
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair