A New York lawmaker, sharply critical of the Nassau Off-Track Betting Corp. bid to try to locate a casino at Belmont Park racetrack, has introduced a measure banning casinos by either of the two Long Island-based OTBs.
State legislators have tentatively agreed to create a New York Gaming Commission to oversee all aspects of gambling in New York, including horse racing, lotteries and Indian-run and racetrack-based casinos.
A big New York state off-track betting corporation did not have the legal authority to seek Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection earlier this year, a federal bankruptcy judge has ruled.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Convey Edges Out Winter Derby Victory
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death