Grade I winner Tiz Miz Sue, a 6-year-old daughter of Tiznow who earned more than $1 million for the CresRan Racing operation of Carol Ricks, has been retired, it was confirmed Aug. 22.
Tiz Miz Sue, making her third start of the Oaklawn Park meet, finally broke through with Joe Rocco Jr. aboard, posting an 8-1 upset in the $147,000 Azeri Stakes (gr. III) March 17.
Allen E. Paulson Living Trust's two-time champion Azeri heads a list of twelve fillies and mares nominated for the 39th running of the Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) at Oaklawn Park April 3.
CresRan LLC's Sue's Good News tries the turf course for the first time in her brief career and will face 11 rivals, including two European invaders, in Saturday's $175,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at Arlington Park.
Sue's Good News made amends for her sixth-place finish in last month's Delaware Oaks (gr. III) with a come-from-behind 1 1/4-length score in the $100,000 Singapore Plate (gr. III) Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
- Harris, Frazier Lead 2014 Washingon HOF Class
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History
- OBS Fall Sale to Include Horses of Racing Age
- Global Gaming Almanac Set for July 28 Release
- Equineline 'Pedigree Binder' Now Available
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Wednesday at Saratoga