Grade I winner Tiz Miz Sue, a 6-year-old daughter of Tiznow who earned more than $1 million for the CresRan Racing operation of Carol Ricks, has been retired, it was confirmed Aug. 22.
Tiz Miz Sue, making her third start of the Oaklawn Park meet, finally broke through with Joe Rocco Jr. aboard, posting an 8-1 upset in the $147,000 Azeri Stakes (gr. III) March 17.
Allen E. Paulson Living Trust's two-time champion Azeri heads a list of twelve fillies and mares nominated for the 39th running of the Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) at Oaklawn Park April 3.
CresRan LLC's Sue's Good News tries the turf course for the first time in her brief career and will face 11 rivals, including two European invaders, in Saturday's $175,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at Arlington Park.
Sue's Good News made amends for her sixth-place finish in last month's Delaware Oaks (gr. III) with a come-from-behind 1 1/4-length score in the $100,000 Singapore Plate (gr. III) Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees