Grade I winner Tiz Miz Sue, a 6-year-old daughter of Tiznow who earned more than $1 million for the CresRan Racing operation of Carol Ricks, has been retired, it was confirmed Aug. 22.
Tiz Miz Sue, making her third start of the Oaklawn Park meet, finally broke through with Joe Rocco Jr. aboard, posting an 8-1 upset in the $147,000 Azeri Stakes (gr. III) March 17.
Allen E. Paulson Living Trust's two-time champion Azeri heads a list of twelve fillies and mares nominated for the 39th running of the Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) at Oaklawn Park April 3.
CresRan LLC's Sue's Good News tries the turf course for the first time in her brief career and will face 11 rivals, including two European invaders, in Saturday's $175,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at Arlington Park.
Sue's Good News made amends for her sixth-place finish in last month's Delaware Oaks (gr. III) with a come-from-behind 1 1/4-length score in the $100,000 Singapore Plate (gr. III) Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries