Grade I winner Tiz Miz Sue, a 6-year-old daughter of Tiznow who earned more than $1 million for the CresRan Racing operation of Carol Ricks, has been retired, it was confirmed Aug. 22.
Tiz Miz Sue, making her third start of the Oaklawn Park meet, finally broke through with Joe Rocco Jr. aboard, posting an 8-1 upset in the $147,000 Azeri Stakes (gr. III) March 17.
Allen E. Paulson Living Trust's two-time champion Azeri heads a list of twelve fillies and mares nominated for the 39th running of the Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) at Oaklawn Park April 3.
CresRan LLC's Sue's Good News tries the turf course for the first time in her brief career and will face 11 rivals, including two European invaders, in Saturday's $175,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at Arlington Park.
Sue's Good News made amends for her sixth-place finish in last month's Delaware Oaks (gr. III) with a come-from-behind 1 1/4-length score in the $100,000 Singapore Plate (gr. III) Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience