Grade I winner Tiz Miz Sue, a 6-year-old daughter of Tiznow who earned more than $1 million for the CresRan Racing operation of Carol Ricks, has been retired, it was confirmed Aug. 22.
Tiz Miz Sue, making her third start of the Oaklawn Park meet, finally broke through with Joe Rocco Jr. aboard, posting an 8-1 upset in the $147,000 Azeri Stakes (gr. III) March 17.
Allen E. Paulson Living Trust's two-time champion Azeri heads a list of twelve fillies and mares nominated for the 39th running of the Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) at Oaklawn Park April 3.
CresRan LLC's Sue's Good News tries the turf course for the first time in her brief career and will face 11 rivals, including two European invaders, in Saturday's $175,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at Arlington Park.
Sue's Good News made amends for her sixth-place finish in last month's Delaware Oaks (gr. III) with a come-from-behind 1 1/4-length score in the $100,000 Singapore Plate (gr. III) Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet