Grade I winner Tiz Miz Sue, a 6-year-old daughter of Tiznow who earned more than $1 million for the CresRan Racing operation of Carol Ricks, has been retired, it was confirmed Aug. 22.
Tiz Miz Sue, making her third start of the Oaklawn Park meet, finally broke through with Joe Rocco Jr. aboard, posting an 8-1 upset in the $147,000 Azeri Stakes (gr. III) March 17.
Allen E. Paulson Living Trust's two-time champion Azeri heads a list of twelve fillies and mares nominated for the 39th running of the Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) at Oaklawn Park April 3.
CresRan LLC's Sue's Good News tries the turf course for the first time in her brief career and will face 11 rivals, including two European invaders, in Saturday's $175,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at Arlington Park.
Sue's Good News made amends for her sixth-place finish in last month's Delaware Oaks (gr. III) with a come-from-behind 1 1/4-length score in the $100,000 Singapore Plate (gr. III) Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Penn National Plans to Race 200 Days in 2014
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity