Grade I winner Tiz Miz Sue, a 6-year-old daughter of Tiznow who earned more than $1 million for the CresRan Racing operation of Carol Ricks, has been retired, it was confirmed Aug. 22.
Tiz Miz Sue, making her third start of the Oaklawn Park meet, finally broke through with Joe Rocco Jr. aboard, posting an 8-1 upset in the $147,000 Azeri Stakes (gr. III) March 17.
Allen E. Paulson Living Trust's two-time champion Azeri heads a list of twelve fillies and mares nominated for the 39th running of the Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) at Oaklawn Park April 3.
CresRan LLC's Sue's Good News tries the turf course for the first time in her brief career and will face 11 rivals, including two European invaders, in Saturday's $175,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at Arlington Park.
Sue's Good News made amends for her sixth-place finish in last month's Delaware Oaks (gr. III) with a come-from-behind 1 1/4-length score in the $100,000 Singapore Plate (gr. III) Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Dr. Zic Among 36 Added to Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed