The first of two open sessions of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale Aug. 27 experienced across-the-board declines when compared to last year's record-setting open sale.
Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. concluded its winter mixed sale Jan. 24 in Ocala, Fla., on a high note.
Double-digit percentage drops hit the first open session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale Oct. 7, continuing a trend from the previous day's consignor-preferred session.
Tres Fine, a 3-year-old broodmare by Star of the Crop in foal to classic winner and champion Silver Charm, went to Marion G. Montanari for $42,000 to top the first of two open sessions of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s 2002 fall mixed sale. For the session, the 179 horses sold averaged $4,474, almost identical to the $4,490 average a year ago,
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- The Curse of Haskin