The first of two open sessions of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale Aug. 27 experienced across-the-board declines when compared to last year's record-setting open sale.
Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. concluded its winter mixed sale Jan. 24 in Ocala, Fla., on a high note.
Double-digit percentage drops hit the first open session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale Oct. 7, continuing a trend from the previous day's consignor-preferred session.
Tres Fine, a 3-year-old broodmare by Star of the Crop in foal to classic winner and champion Silver Charm, went to Marion G. Montanari for $42,000 to top the first of two open sessions of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s 2002 fall mixed sale. For the session, the 179 horses sold averaged $4,474, almost identical to the $4,490 average a year ago,
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win