The first of two open sessions of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale Aug. 27 experienced across-the-board declines when compared to last year's record-setting open sale.
Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. concluded its winter mixed sale Jan. 24 in Ocala, Fla., on a high note.
Double-digit percentage drops hit the first open session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale Oct. 7, continuing a trend from the previous day's consignor-preferred session.
Tres Fine, a 3-year-old broodmare by Star of the Crop in foal to classic winner and champion Silver Charm, went to Marion G. Montanari for $42,000 to top the first of two open sessions of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s 2002 fall mixed sale. For the session, the 179 horses sold averaged $4,474, almost identical to the $4,490 average a year ago,
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- Casino Planned at Former Michigan Racetrack