The first of two open sessions of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale Aug. 27 experienced across-the-board declines when compared to last year's record-setting open sale.
Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. concluded its winter mixed sale Jan. 24 in Ocala, Fla., on a high note.
Double-digit percentage drops hit the first open session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale Oct. 7, continuing a trend from the previous day's consignor-preferred session.
Tres Fine, a 3-year-old broodmare by Star of the Crop in foal to classic winner and champion Silver Charm, went to Marion G. Montanari for $42,000 to top the first of two open sessions of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s 2002 fall mixed sale. For the session, the 179 horses sold averaged $4,474, almost identical to the $4,490 average a year ago,
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Grade I Producer Critics Acclaim Dies
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- Treve Terrific in Corrida Romp at Saint-Cloud
- Carpe Diem, Madefromlucky Work in Company
- Storm Cat Statue on Loan to Saratoga Park
- Violette: NY Exercise Riders Still Covered
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Slideshow: Groupie Doll's First Foal At Home