Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. concluded its winter mixed sale Jan. 24 in Ocala, Fla., on a high note.
Double-digit percentage drops hit the first open session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale Oct. 7, continuing a trend from the previous day's consignor-preferred session.
Tres Fine, a 3-year-old broodmare by Star of the Crop in foal to classic winner and champion Silver Charm, went to Marion G. Montanari for $42,000 to top the first of two open sessions of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s 2002 fall mixed sale. For the session, the 179 horses sold averaged $4,474, almost identical to the $4,490 average a year ago,
Most Popular Stories
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Monmouth to Reduce Overnight Purses by 10%
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Illinois Tracks Seeking Fewer Dates in 2015
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Ajaxana Seeks Second German Classic Win
- Pedigree Analysis: Shared Belief Rides On
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job