The CHRB Medication and Track Safety Committee will conduct a public meeting April 11, for discussion and action on a number of proposals relating to the safety of racehorses and the integrity of racing.
The California Horse Racing Board took a swing at a number of equine safety measures during its April 28 meeting at Hollywood Park, including another try at a rule to void a claim of a horse that suffers a fatality.
A long-running controversy over toe grabs before the California Horse Racing Board could turn into a referendum on trainer authority.
The Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit opens Monday at Keeneland in Lexington with a session of presentations and panel discussions that will be open to the public.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?