A yearling from the first crop of Smiling Tiger, a multiple grade I-winning sprinter and millionaire, topped the Barretts October mixed sale at $190,000.
Donald Valpredo was elected president of the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association by the organization's board of directors meeting in Berkeley Feb. 10.
As California eyes potential revenue from Internet gaming, horse racing executives made it clear to a state senate committee in Sacramento July 12 they want to be part of any legislation that may result.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race