Millionaire Friendly Island, who was retired from racing earlier this month, will enter stud next year at his birthplace, Howard and Susan Kaskel's Sugar Maple Farm near Poughquag, N.Y.
Friendly Island, runner-up in last year's TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), has been retired from racing because of a problem ankle.
Anstu Stables' Balto Star has been pegged as the 5-2 morning line favorite in a surprisingly deep field of 11 older horses for Sunday's $500,000 New Orleans Handicap (gr. II) at Fair Grounds.
Graded stakes-placed Kettle Won, whose dam is a half-sister to champion sprinter Safely Kept, will enter stud at Stuart and Anita Subotnick's Anstu Farm near Millbrook, N.Y.
The owners of professional soccer's New York/New Jersey MetroStars are planning to build a new soccer stadium next to Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field