Millionaire Friendly Island, who was retired from racing earlier this month, will enter stud next year at his birthplace, Howard and Susan Kaskel's Sugar Maple Farm near Poughquag, N.Y.
Friendly Island, runner-up in last year's TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), has been retired from racing because of a problem ankle.
Anstu Stables' Balto Star has been pegged as the 5-2 morning line favorite in a surprisingly deep field of 11 older horses for Sunday's $500,000 New Orleans Handicap (gr. II) at Fair Grounds.
Graded stakes-placed Kettle Won, whose dam is a half-sister to champion sprinter Safely Kept, will enter stud at Stuart and Anita Subotnick's Anstu Farm near Millbrook, N.Y.
The owners of professional soccer's New York/New Jersey MetroStars are planning to build a new soccer stadium next to Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer