Millionaire Friendly Island, who was retired from racing earlier this month, will enter stud next year at his birthplace, Howard and Susan Kaskel's Sugar Maple Farm near Poughquag, N.Y.
Friendly Island, runner-up in last year's TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), has been retired from racing because of a problem ankle.
Anstu Stables' Balto Star has been pegged as the 5-2 morning line favorite in a surprisingly deep field of 11 older horses for Sunday's $500,000 New Orleans Handicap (gr. II) at Fair Grounds.
Graded stakes-placed Kettle Won, whose dam is a half-sister to champion sprinter Safely Kept, will enter stud at Stuart and Anita Subotnick's Anstu Farm near Millbrook, N.Y.
The owners of professional soccer's New York/New Jersey MetroStars are planning to build a new soccer stadium next to Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Leagues Seek to Halt New Jersey Sports Bets
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Researchers Examine Fatal Lumbar Vertebral Fractures
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite