Millionaire Friendly Island, who was retired from racing earlier this month, will enter stud next year at his birthplace, Howard and Susan Kaskel's Sugar Maple Farm near Poughquag, N.Y.
Friendly Island, runner-up in last year's TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), has been retired from racing because of a problem ankle.
Anstu Stables' Balto Star has been pegged as the 5-2 morning line favorite in a surprisingly deep field of 11 older horses for Sunday's $500,000 New Orleans Handicap (gr. II) at Fair Grounds.
Graded stakes-placed Kettle Won, whose dam is a half-sister to champion sprinter Safely Kept, will enter stud at Stuart and Anita Subotnick's Anstu Farm near Millbrook, N.Y.
The owners of professional soccer's New York/New Jersey MetroStars are planning to build a new soccer stadium next to Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes