Millionaire Friendly Island, who was retired from racing earlier this month, will enter stud next year at his birthplace, Howard and Susan Kaskel's Sugar Maple Farm near Poughquag, N.Y.
Friendly Island, runner-up in last year's TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), has been retired from racing because of a problem ankle.
Anstu Stables' Balto Star has been pegged as the 5-2 morning line favorite in a surprisingly deep field of 11 older horses for Sunday's $500,000 New Orleans Handicap (gr. II) at Fair Grounds.
Graded stakes-placed Kettle Won, whose dam is a half-sister to champion sprinter Safely Kept, will enter stud at Stuart and Anita Subotnick's Anstu Farm near Millbrook, N.Y.
The owners of professional soccer's New York/New Jersey MetroStars are planning to build a new soccer stadium next to Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet